21 June 2012

to the girl with eyes painted on her back


when i first met you i knew from the beginning that you were going to have a huge impact on my life. you were the first person who deeply encouraged me to pick up photography and just dive in with my passion, to jump in headfirst. the first shoots with you lit the fire in my soul and i slowly learned my way around the camera, with you directing and teaching me how to be a good photographer. i know it may seem like a hazy memory by now, but it happened only a year ago when i chose you over my studies. it was the best decision of my life. you completed me in a way like only a true muse could; with your creative ideas melting the cracks in my heart. you were a hurricane from last summer, a storm that i will always remember.

i sometimes wonder if london is treating you well. i know that a restless, wanderlusting heart like yours will never be fully happy or satisfied with anything, but who needs calm when you've got wings that spread like stars and constellations in the night sky? when everything is dark, you will be the light that i see through my lens; that i feel with my heart. i miss you terribly because sometimes i don't know how to go forward and my mind becomes hesitant and unsure; and at these times you are (and will always be) the one who tells me that everything will be fine.

i often wish that you could come back, more often than i should. but i know that where you are right now is the best place for you to be, and that you'll return when it's time. you are meant to fly free and those who love you know that. you took a piece of my soul with you when you flew away over the oceans and seas, and i will never regret giving it to you. without this flame you gave me in return i wouldn't be the person i am today. reckless and always creating. like fire. like the storm. a memory of you, one that i will never forget.



No comments: