31 December 2012

2012, in pictures

 

one year has passed by so quickly. i wrote a similar post in december 2011, but this one is mostly about my photography, something that i can no longer live without.

i didn't take any pictures in january, and the only remarkable things i did was to dye my hair blonde and order tons of prints that are still sitting in my drawer and waiting for a new home; or at least a box to live in.

i returned home in february and shot birgitta in a snowy graveyard. it was terribly cold and it was also the first time i used my jupiter lens.

in march i shot a series in collaboration with my hair stylist, it was quite strange but incredibly funny as well.

april was too cold for outside shoots, but nele agreed to do it anyway.

i met my fire-haired muse johanna in early may and i fell in love with every part of her being. it was the beginning of something beautiful. after many, many months i had found myself a muse again.

june was a month full of chaos (and lots of burned bridges) but everything i shot back then is pastel-toned and tender. it was the rebirth of a creative mind.

i still have a lot of unretouched images from july and it's embarrassing.

august was the most beautiful month of my summer. i was free like a bird. everything i wanted, i got.
i was so inspired back then.

september was another disaster. i ran away and hid my eyes in cigarette smoke, reconsidering everything.

my father's heart gave up in late october.

tallinn dolls was my first project with some of the bigger fishes around here, and although it wasn't as nice and lovely as i expected, it was still an improvement that makes november pretty awesome.

and finally, during the cold month of december, i did no personal shoots at all; and it's quite sad.


here are two frosty curves to say goodbye to 2012.

download calgary
download copenhagen

1 comment:

Monarda said...

Beautiful work! congrats and good luck with everything. And thank you for the free stuff you offer to the community. I found your blog via deviantart, I retouched a couple of your images. I'll be watching your future activity, you're in my blog list from now on. Have a great day!