1. this is where it all starts! some back story for the image: shot backlit during sunset, there was some wind, and lovely maret was helping me out with a reflector, using it the way you shouldn't probably use a reflector - by flailing it.
tech stuff: nikon d90, 85mm nikkor lens, iso 100, f 2.2, 1/640s exposure.
i chose this photo mainly because of the hair movement (come on, it is awesome) and the emotion it shows.
2. here are some adjustments that i made... quite basic stuff. i wanted the background to be more yellow so i changed that in hue/saturation.
3. what it looks like before importing to photoshop.
4. since johannes has very good skin, i won't be doing much retouching, just some spots...
5. what it looks like after skin retouching.
6. added some curves.
7. lightened the eye area to bring out the colour.
i hope you learned something, and if you'd like to learn more, you are more than welcome to join my workshop on july 13th, where i will be explaining more about curves and colours.
muse: johannes mengel
mua: maret ubaleht